Vienna 1815 Simulation Conference – Call for Applications
Deadline: 7th April 2017, 23:59 Baku Local Time
Open for: Highly motivated young with good command of English, and History
Vienna 1815 is a two-day simulation of the Congress of Vienna, 1815. Among the main objective of the Event, there are:
· Advanced negotiation skills development;
· Discover of the time when modern diplomacy emerged;
· Acquaintance with historical context of the beginning of XIX c.;
· Practice of diplomatic work in frameworks of intensive political intrigues;
· Development of personal skills within ultra-conservative environment of the time;
Vienna 1815 is the simulation of an actual historical event, and, thus, each delegate will represent a real persona, who represented one or another nation at the Congress. The Congress of Vienna is one of the most important events in Modern History – the beginning of the modern diplomacy. ADA Model UN club operates this unique project.
Committees & Agenda
There will be two committees: Common committee and Committee on German Affairs. The Agenda is following:
· The Common Committee – Restauration of European Monarchies, creation a sustainable system of international cooperation, Polish issue, Saxony issue, French indemnity issue, Danish issue, issue on the Netherlands, Swiss issue;
· The Committee on German Affairs – Restauration of legitimate Monarchies in Germany, elaboration of borders among Monarchies in Germany, Future of Germany after deposition of Holy Roman Empire.
The Committee on German Affairs will work separately. The responsible delegates to the committee will be chosen by the act of the Common Committee, at the beginning of the conference. Franz II, the Emperor of Austria, will chair the Common Committee. Friedrich von Gentz, a very influential diplomat of that time, will chair the German Committee.
In order to be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
· Have a good command of English;
· Have, at least, average knowledge about historical context of the Congress of Vienna;
· Have an interest in politics and diplomatic negotiations;
· Be available on the event days;
· Have a strong motivation;
Application & Participation fee
Please note that no parties to the organization of this conference receive any form of material benefit in return to the service they provide to make the event happen. The participation fee for the conference is 10 AZN. Participation fee covers conference materials, coffee break, and other organizational expenses. In order to apply please click here:
We will contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis once the registration period is over.
You may find a study brief of the Event in this link: