Deadline: 15 April 2017 at 23:59 Baku local time
Open to: highly motivated young with good command of English
Venue: 26-28 May 2016, Baku, Azerbaijan
YouthMUN is a Model UN conference where students from various countries all around the world get a chance to practice their diplomatic skills and discuss various topics of great significance. For the first time in its history, the conference will take place simultaneously in three universities with joint organization of their respective Model UN clubs – ADAMUN, BSU MUN, and UNEC MUN. Each club will use the best of their experience to bring additional value to this historical event.
Topics & Committees
You may find the list of topics and committees below for YouthMUN 2017. Each university hosts at least one committee.
1. United Nations Security Council: "Protection of civilians in armed conflicts: Situation in Yemen"
2. United Nations General Assembly Economic and Financial Committee: “Elimination of money flows to terroristic organisations”
3. International Court of Justice: "Application of the International Convention for the Suppression of the Financing and Terrorism, and of the International Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Rational Discrimination (Ukraine vs Russian Federation)"
4. Historical Crisis Committee: "The Kosovo Crisis: March 1999”
5. United Nations Alliance of Civilisations: “Covering Migration: Challenges Met and Unmet”
We invite you to become part of organization in this historical event. You may apply for Chair/Director, Media Representative and Volunteer positions.
In order to be eligible to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
· Have a good command of English;
· Have an interest in politics and diplomatic negotiations
· Be available on the event days;
· Have a strong motivation;
If you apply for chair/director position:
· Have at least three MUN experience
· Holding “Best Delegate” or “Best Debater” award is preferable
Participation fee for this conference is 15 AZN. The fee covers coffee break, conference materials and other organisational expenses, and does not include accommodation and travel costs. Accommodation of non-resident chairs will be provided.
Please note that no parties to the organization of this conference receive any form of material benefit in return to the service they provide.
You may apply no later than April 15, 2017. In order to apply, click here. We will contact shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis once the application period is over.
For any additional information, you may contact organizers by firstname.lastname@example.org